New Year's Resolutions
A New Year's Resolution, according to Wikipedia is "...a commitment that a person makes to one or more personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a (bad) habit". In business, we make goals and create new projects throughout the year but the New Year is a great time to set big goals and resolutions because it's when most of us take time to reflect on what went right and what went wrong. Based on a years worth of living and doing business we can clearly see and evaluate the results we achieved, what we didn't achieve and where we could do better.
Below you can find some lists of business-related resolutions divided up into groups:
- Start a new business endeavor.
- Start building a list, finally!
- Create a proper business plan.
- Decide between different project ideas.
- "Axe" an under-performing or non-performing project.
- Analyze the market for opportunities, spot trends.
- To make more decisions and more quickly and not waste time procrastinating.
- Not to give in in the face of adversity, setbacks and other problems.
- To give some money to charity or to contribute more, outsource more.
- To attend a seminar, take a course, a class, read more books.
- Take complete responsibility for your success or failure.
- Eat more healthily to have more energy to invest in your business.
- Exercise more to get more energy, feel motivated and focused on your goals.
- Get more fresh air daily and have a clear head and feel sharper.
- Withdraw less from your business (or more if you haven't rewarded yourself).
- Invest more wisely in different areas of your business e.g. to retain old customers; to generate new leads.
- Create a savings account to have a cushion for difficult times or to capitalize on a new opportunity.
- Be kind to yourself, accept your weaknesses and don't underestimate your strengths.
- Appreciate your skills and strengths more and put them to good use.
- Take time to meditate daily or every few days and create mental space and stillness.