Unique Selling Proposition
A Unique Selling Proposition (USP) refers to a unique quality about your product or service that sets it apart from the competition. It is a specific benefit you can use in your advertising to persuade prospects to buy from you instead of the competition. For example, this might be because the competition cannot or does not offer anything similar.
Examples of USP's
- FedEx - "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight".
- M&M's - "The milk chocolate melts in your mouth, not in your hand".
- DeBeers - "A diamond is forever".
- Rent-a-Car - "We'll pick you up".
- Walmart - "Low prices, everyday".